It is the responsibility of the Registrar to give a detailed decision, in writing, when rejecting an application. The decision shall include the reason for the decision, right to appeal and a copy of the Appeal Process.
If the applicant is not satisfied with the decision of the Registrar, they may appeal the registration decision to the Credentials Committee
- The applicant shall forward written reasons for their Appeal, either by email or mail, together with any additional information the applicant wishes the Credentials Committee to consider.
- The request for Review must be received by the Registrar within thirty (30) days of the date of the Registration Decision.
- Upon receiving written notice of an Appeal, the Registrar will immediately notify the Credentials Committee or the Chief Excetive Officer (CEO) as appropriate. (If the CredentialsCommittee has already been part of the decision process, then appeal request is turned over to the CEO to strike an Internal Review Panel). No member of the committee or panel shall have participated as a reviewer or sponsor with respect to the applicant's application, nor should they have any other conflict of interest with respect to the appellant or the process.
- The CEO will appoint a member of the Board to chair a Review Panel and appoint at least one other member to the panel.The information is provided to the Committee/Panel within 7 days.
- Submissions may be made up to 14 days prior to a hearing and both parties are provided time to review submissions.
- The Committee/Panel inconsultation with the Appellant will consider the eligibility of the application and arrange for oral presentations, with or without legal representation if requested, within one week of the final submissions being reviewed.
- The Committee/ Panel may request legal counsel if, in the opinion of the Panel members, in consultation with the CEO, there are issues that require legal input to ensure appropriate disposition of the Appeal.
- The Committee/Panel will render its decision, based on careful consideration of all written submissions and oral presentations, within 14 days of the hearing or final presentation. Decison of the Committee/ Panel is given in writing to both Parties along with the reasons for the decision.
- The Committee/Panel may uphold the rejection of the applicant, or order the Registrar to reverse the decision and license the applicant. They may also require terms, conditions, or restrictions be imposed on the applicant's license as a condition of licensure.
- All decisions of the Committee/ Panel are final and the Registrar must register the applicant within 5 days.
- The Panel is dissolved on completion of the written decision and its dispersement to both parties.