If the applicant is not satisfied with the decision of the Registrar, he/she may appeal the registration decision to the Registration Review Committee (aka Credentials Committee).
- The applicant shall forward written reasons for his/her Appeal, together with any additional information the applicant wishes the Review Committee to consider.
- The request for Review must be received in College office to the attention of the Chief Executive Officer within thirty (30) days of the date of the Registration Decision.
- Upon receiving written notice of an Appeal, the Chief Executive Officer will appoint a member of the Registration Review Committee to chair a Review Panel and appoint one other member to the panel.
- The Review Panel may request legal counsel if, in the opinion of the Panel members, in consultation with the CEO, there are issues that require legal input to ensure appropriate disposition of the Appeal. No member of the Review Panel shall have participated as a reviewer or sponsor with respect to the applicant’s application or nor should they have any other conflict of interest with respect to the appellant or the appeal issues.
Terms of Reference for Review Panel
Composition Each Review Panel will consist of:
- Chair, selected by the Chief Executive Officer based on background and experience relative to the Appeal issues
- other member selected for their background and experience relative to the Appeal issues Recruitment and Appointment.
- The Panel is dissolved on completion of the Review Report.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review the file information from The Registrar’s office
- Participate in teleconference(s) as scheduled to discuss the information provided
- Determine if further information needed
- Participate in interviews, gather information as required or direct staff to gather information as needed
- Make a decision on the Appeal issues
- Review and approve the written Appeal report
- Maintain confidentiality of all materials, discussions and decisions.