Interim Competency Evaluation Eligibility Criteria
Individuals invited to apply for the Interim Competency Evaluation process must meet all the following criteria:
- Have met all the requirements for a provisional registration as set out in S.20 of the Physiotherapy Act and hold a current provisional license in NS.
- A minimum of 12 months has passed since the applicant was initially registered in Nova Scotia as a Resident Physiotherapist.
- Have completed a minimum of 1200 practice hours, with 600 of those hours completed under one sponsor (candidate shall submit rationale for multiple practice settings in such instances where that is the case).
- Have completed a minimum of one Jurisprudence Exam.
- Have no past or present disciplinary issues with either an employer, NSCP or other Physiotherapy regulatory body.