Dalhousie Department of Bioethics - Canadian Bioethics Society Conference
Halifax on May 23-25, 2018.
The conference theme is "Just Health: Balancing Interests, Needs and Obligations." Please visit here for additional conference information, including the program and registration.
Physical Activity Counseling and Exercise Prescription in Health Care Workshop presented by EIMC, in conjunction with the CASEM Annual Symposium
Halifax June 6, 2018
1. Discuss the health benefits and safety of regular exercise with their patients.
2. Use physical activity as one of the vital signs when doing a clinical health evaluation
3. Provide basic PA counseling and exercise prescription for patients as part of patient care
4. Utilize motivational counseling to help patients overcome barriers for health behaviour change
5. Learn how to monitor aerobic exercise intensity and how to do basic resistance exercise
Registration link is available online: http://casem-acmse.org/cme/casem-courses/#eimc
Northwood’s 8th Annual Research Symposium - "Research in Aging, Continuing Care and Beyond"
Friday, June 15, 2018
Other Resources for Physiotherapists:Blood and Body Fluid Exposure: (Thanks Alberta College etc)
Workplace Abuse: (Thanks Alberta College etc)
CPA's ShoPTalk Blog
Is It Physiotherapy?